Dunlop established a $2,000 scholarship in 1992 to be awarded to an incoming college freshman.
Applications for the scholarship may be accessed here:
Dunlop Scholarship Application Form [PDF file]
Completion of the application form is required, including a letter of recommendation. Applications must be received by the entry deadline.
Selection of the winner is based upon (in order of importance):
-Activities, leadership and honors
-Sportsmanship and character
The players must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must have played in at least two Palmetto Championships (the current year may count as one of the two).
- Must have received a USTA-SC ranking at least two years.
- Must play in the current year’s Palmetto Championships (unless junior eligibility has expired, there is an injury or illness or there is a conflict with school or graduation).
- Must be an incoming freshman at an accredited post-secondary college, university or Vocational school in the United States.
- Must not already have a full college scholarship.
The scholarship recipient will be announced during the Palmetto Fling on Saturday evening, May 26. The recipient will be advised in advance and be invited to the Palmetto Fling.
Former scholarship winners include: